Pages

Quote

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching and many people, such as myself in years past, struggle to come up with ideas, I thought I would tell you some of the things that I have done in the past. Since this will be my seventh Valentine's Day with my boyfriend, it becomes harder and harder each year to think of original ideas. For those of you who are struggling, here are a few of my gender neutral Valentine's gifts from years past.
Photo Source
The first one that comes to mind is something that I believe I found on Pinterest. I chose one of his favorite candies and bought a bunch of them. Then, I made a color coded sheet and chose different colors to represent different occasions such as "remember when's," "firsts" and places that we had been. I then attached these pieces of paper around the candy and put them all into a cute container. He had a great time reading all the little notes and got to eat some of his favorite sweets. I couldn't find the original article on Pinterest but this is pretty similar and will give you the basic idea!


Photo Source
Something else that will always be popular, no matter what gender, is cologne or perfume. This is something that is always useful and appreciated. Also along those lines is bathroom "stuff." Although they won't admit it most people, including men, like pampering themselves with a nice bubble bath every once in a while. I don't think I could name a single person that wouldn't like to receive a gift basket of cologne, bubble bath, some body wash or shower gel, maybe even some Lush products. If you don't feel like making your own, you can order one from a website such as this, although they are rather pricey! If you don't want to order one, you can maybe get some ideas as to what to include in your own there! 

Photo Source
Another idea would be some kind of homemade coupon book. I have done this in the past and he loved it. Include some of their favorite things. If they like a certain kind of food, offer to cook them dinner or bake them their favorite sweets. If they are an active gym-goer, offer to go with them or to massage their sore muscles. If they hate doing chores, offer to do the dishes or the laundry. If they are a sports fan, offer to watch the game with them. These may not be your favorite activities either but they will really appreciate it! If you're looking for free templates, this site has some really cute ones!

Photo Source
This next one may not be too original but I think it is always a good option; jewelry. Now I think that any jewelry that was picked out specifically for another person is nice, but I much prefer the options where someone has put in a lot of thought and picked out the colors and contents based specifically on whom they are shopping for. This also goes for watches. I think a personalized engraving is always a nice touch. There are also lots of small shops that let you chose different charms for the other person. Plus, this helps support local small businesses! The picture above came from this Etsy store and I absolutely adore these necklaces!

Photo Source
Another option for those who don't necessarily like to partake in gift-giving on Valentine's Day is having a nice date night. This can range from going out to dinner and a movie to staying in, creating a blanket fort, watching Netflix and snacking. Honesty, either of those sounds fine to me. There is also the option of planning a trip together. A road trip is a great bonding experience, even if it is just a day trip!

Those are some of my favorite ideas! What are you doing for your significant other this year? I would love to hear about it, let me know in the comments below!
xx,

No comments:

Post a Comment