Pages

Quote

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mall Haul | Rue 21 & TJ Maxx

Happy Friday everyone! On Thursday I had the chance to spend some of my Christmas money and gift cards and I thought I would share the items I ended up coming home with! I'll start with Rue 21. My boyfriend got me a $50 gift card for Christmas and, if I shopped before a certain date, I got an extra $15! Of course I wasn't going to miss out on a deal like that.
bow
The first item I picked up was this adorable anchor dress! It's a dark navy blue color with a beautiful plunging back. You can't tell from the top photo but just under the V of the back there is a bow. I got a cute sailor vibe from it! The dress is modest, around knee length, and a really flattering shape for all body types. This is my favorite kind of dress because it has an accentuating top with a flowy bottom. The fact that it was only $16.99 USD made me love it even more! If you're considering ordering this dress online, I found that it ran pretty small due to its three-quarter length sleeves. To give you an idea, I usually wear a medium or large and I got this dress in an extra large!
Want this dress? Get it here!

The next item I found was another dress. It it a black floral skater dress. It is pretty basic as far as design but it is super cute and I love the short sleeves. This is a perfect dress for any occasion or season. This dress is also knee length with a flowy bottom and was also priced at $16.99 USD. I got a size medium and this dress is also available in a grey color.

The next thing I found was a beautiful red blouse. I'm not sure why the color looks so different in these photos but it is a nice burgundy color. It is made of a sheer material but is only see-through with an eccentric bra. The lace shoulders are really nice as well. The shirt is shorter in the front with a longer back so it would look nice with either jeans or leggings. I only paid $16.98 USD and I got this shirt in a medium.
(Note: I could only find the plus-size version on their website, sorry!)



There was a buy one get one free sale on winter apparel so I got two pairs of chevron patterned three-way wear, touch screen safe gloves. I tested the gloves on my iPhone and, although they aren't perfect, they will be better than taking off my gloves to text. With the sale price, I only paid $4.99 for both pairs!

I couldn't leave the store without checking out their jewelry section. I got lucky and snagged this five ring set, it was the last one left! And it was only $5.99 USD. The two larger ones are regular rings while the three smaller ones are knuckle rings, which I love! I can't wait to wear these out! Unfortunately I could not find them on the site, sorry!

My final purchase from Rue 21 was these adorable cable knit tights. They were $4.99 USD each, but they were having a buy one get one half off sale. I think these will be so cute under a sweater or dress and I can't wait to try them!
Want these tights? Buy them here! 


My next stop was TJ Maxx. For anyone who knows me, I have a lot of love for TJ. When I got there, I went straight to the clearance rack and found this beautiful black top. Obviously this is for summertime but it was the last one on the rack and only cost $10 USD! The front is relatively plain, but the gold beads that trail along the front and form this beautiful pattern in the back were a must! Since this is a clearance item, I couldn't find it on their site, sorry!tank
Next I found this blue crop top that I absolutely love! It's flowy and so comfortable! It's made out of a sheer-like fabric but isn't see-through which is super refreshing! It's got this cute white embroidery around the neck, sleeves and bottom and a v-cut in the back. So cute! And it was only $7 USD so it was an absolute steal! Once again, it was a clearance item so it wasn't on the site, sorry!
blue


The final item I bought was this adorable ceramic elephant! At only $7.99, how could I resist him? He is a beautiful blue to white ombre color and stands about one foot tall. I have named him Benny. My love for elephants is so unconditional that I already have a million of them around my room. My collection will always be accepting new members. I can't wait to have a home of my own because I love looking at home decor. Since TJ Maxx doesn't have a home decor section on their website, I also can't find a link to him. Boo!

And that's all folks! I would say I had a very successful day at the mall and I can't wait to wear all my new accessories! Tell me, what is your favorite thing that you have bought recently? Any store suggestions you think I should try? Link them to me in the comments below!

xx,

P.S. Sorry for my mega-awkward posing. It's very clear I am not a model ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment