Pages

Quote

Sunday, January 25, 2015

It's The Little Things

In light of recent events, I am not feeling overly creative and frankly, I am emotionally and physically exhausted. I just wanted to take this time to thank some people, some of which may have applied to you at one time or another. 

If you have ever smiled at a stranger on the street, thank you.
If you have ever extended a helping hand to someone in need, thank you.
If you have ever donated time, money or resources to a charity, nonprofit or otherwise, thank you.
If you have ever given a hug to someone who needed one, thank you.
If you have ever picked up a gift for someone, simply because it make you think of them, thank you.
If you have ever asked about someone's day and been genuinely interested in their answer, thank you.
If you have ever helped someone pick up something they have dropped, thank you.
If you have ever "paid it forward" in a drive through, thank you.
If you have ever defended someone, especially those who cannot defend themselves, thank you.
If you have ever reached out to someone who has trouble connecting with people, thank you.
If you have ever given a compliment to someone who is feeling self-conscious, thank you.
If you have ever encouraged someone to make good decisions, thank you.
If you have ever heard someone out, whether you agree with them or not, thank you.
If you have ever allowed someone else to take the limelight, thank you.
If you have ever done a favor for someone who can't repay you, thank you.
If you have ever made someone smile while they were crying, thank you.
If you have ever encouraged someone to do the right thing, thank you.

If you are reading this and see yourself in any of these, thank you. Honestly, sometimes it is the smallest things that can make a difference. I am so thankful for the people in my life who are willing to go the extra mile. Although I have a small group of friends, I am very thankful for them and what they do. I could not ask for more from my family either. During these hard times, it can be easy to forget how strong our support systems are and how lucky we are to have them. I am trying to keep my head up and I want to do more of the things that I listed above. I hope that you will too.

If you have any other ideas of small ways to help improve someone's day, please leave them below. During this time, I could use any little tid-bits you guys may have. Thank you for understanding.

xx,

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely post and I really like the facts you've stated. Great job.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete