Pages

Quote

Friday, January 16, 2015

Time Capsule 2020 | Note To Self

Even though we are halfway through January, it still blows my mind that it is 2015. I recently came across a wonderful idea on Caitriona's blog and I knew that I wanted to participate as well. I think that writing a letter to my future self, a time capsule if you will, will be really interesting to read in five years. So, here we go!

Dear Future Caitlin,

It's 2020 which means a lot has changed for you. You've got your college degree and a career. You've moved away from home and I'm sure by now you've got a dog because, let's face it, it's been a long time coming. 
I hope that you don't dread going to work because you love what you do. I hope you haven't given up any of the activities that make you happy, like reading and creating. I hope you're living in a place where you're comfortable, that you've finally gotten the chance raid the home-decor sections of all the stores and decorate to your heart's content. I hope your finances are stable and allowing you to live comfortably. I hope your relationship with your family is just as strong, and that you haven't lost touch with your best friends from college. I hope you're healthy and eating well. I hope you're loving as strongly and deeply as you were in 2015. Most of all, I hope you're happy. That's always been the ultimate end game.
I hope you know that wherever you are, and whoever is or is not by your side, that this is the way it is meant to be. Don't forget to continue filling your life with the people and things that make you happy, and purge yourself of those who don't. 
If you're reading this in 2020, I hope it's with a smile.

Yours,
Caitlin
January 16, 2015

I really think that this is a great idea and I can't wait to look back on it five years from now. If you decide to do your own, please comment below with the link, I would love to read them! See you guys on Sunday :)

xx,

2 comments:

  1. Awh thanks for mentioning mine ! x It was so lovely to read this. I wish you a very happy and healthy 2015 ( and years to come ). Best of luck with everything and I hope all your wishes for the future come true :)

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I like to give credit where it's due! And thank you, best of luck to you as well :) xx

      Delete