Pages

Quote

Sunday, January 4, 2015

15 Resolutions for 2015

As the New Year has just arrived, I have been compiling a list of goals that I would like to strive for over the next 365 days. 2015 is going to be a huge year for me as I transition from being a college student to being an adult and joining the "real world." I will be finishing school, finalizing my professional portfolio, applying for job positions and having my entire world change. Those who know me know that I do not do well with change, something I wish to improve on. So, here is my list of things I resolve to do during 2015:
  1. Once Winter break is over, I will be returning to school to complete my final, and most stressful semester, of college. I would like to graduate in May with my current GPA.
  2. I want to finish school with a portfolio full of work that I can be proud of. Work that shows my skills and the passion put into the things I make.
  3. I want to get a job that won't feel like work, something I can really enjoy spending the rest of my life doing.
  4. I won't be clique and resolve to go to the gym. However, I want to drink more water and try and make healthier food choices. I want to try new foods and hopefully learn how to cook.
  5. I will be busy this year, but I don't want to stop creating. I want to make time for the things I enjoy.
  6. I am a perfectionist and my harshest critic. I want to make mistakes, learn, and be kinder to myself.
  7. I want to be open to the new people and relationships that enter my life. I tend to be closed off to those I don't know and I want to work on letting others in. Making connections is an important part of life.
  8. I want to stay faithful to this blog. This is something I am starting for myself. I want to document what I am doing, my achievements, the ups and downs and anything else. I'm hoping to write 2-3 times a week.
  9. I would like to learn a new skill. Trying something I've never done is always refreshing.
  10. I want to worry less about things that I cannot change.
  11. I don't want to take the things I have for granted. I am so lucky that I have a wonderful group of friends and family, my boyfriend, a roof over my head, the opportunity to be attending college and so much more. As much as I appreciate what I have, I need to remember that the little things are the most important.
  12. I want to read more. I really enjoy reading but, a lot of times, I get very busy and it gets put on the back burner. I need to make more time for activities like that.
  13. I want to be more confident. Usually, if I see something I like in a store, I won't buy it because it is "not my style." I don't want to do that anymore. I feel that if I, or anyone else, likes something, they shouldn't be afraid to buy it and rock it!
  14.  On the other hand, I want to stop buying things that I don't need. If I think it will end up sitting in the back of my closet, I don't need it.
  15. There is a "Pay It Forward" post going around Facebook in which you send the first five people to comment on your status a gift that is personalized to their taste. It could be anything from a book, a postcard, something handmade or anything that makes you think of them. I think I would like to participate in that this year, but maybe beyond my friends list. So if anyone reading this would like to participate, just leave a comment below and maybe we can figure something out. I think it would be nice to meet some new people and find something specifically for them. I think shopping for others is a lot of fun!
So, those are the goals I have set for myself in the New Year. What are your New Year's resolutions? Comment below with what you would like to accomplish this year! 

xx,

No comments:

Post a Comment