Pages

Quote

Sunday, January 18, 2015

My Top 5 | TV Shows

There is no denying that television has become a part of our daily lives. Honestly, I watch more Netflix than actual television. I find that I don't have the patience to wait from week to week to see what happens next and, instead, would rather spend my time binge-watching until I have become a hermit who hasn't seen the sun in a couple of days... Oops. Anyways, I thought that I would share with you my top 5 favorites shows of all time. So if you are looking for a new series to watch, here are my recommendations!
5) Gilmore Girls 
Starring: Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel
Air Dates: 2000-2007
Seasons: 7
Summary: Gilmore Girls tells the story about a young, fast-talking single mother, Loralie Gilmore, and her ivy-league-bound daughter Rory. Growing up in Stars Hollow, Connecticut, we as an audience get to watch them grow up and experience love, loss, family and typical small-town shenanigans.
Why I love it: Gilmore Girls is one of the shows that I used to watch when I was growing up. I recently re-discovered it on Netflix and watched the whole series from start to finish and I absolutely loved it. The chemistry between Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel is so natural and believable and I found myself really falling for all of the characters. It's refreshing to have a show that can be family friendly, as well as a realistic portrayal of life in a small town. Plus, the script is perfection. I laughed, I cried and I would 100% recommend this show to anyone. I'm sure that I will end up watching it all the way through again at some point!
4) Criminal Minds
Starring: Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, Thomas Gibson, Kirsten Vangsness and A.J. Cook
Air Dates: 2005-Present
Seasons: 10 (and counting)
Summary: Criminal Minds tells the stories of the members of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU). 
Why I love it: I have been watching Criminal Minds on tv for years, but I have recently started watching the whole series in chronological order. I have always had a love for crime shows, but this one is by far my favorite. I think that the forensic side of crime is interesting but watching the characters develop a profile and be able to predict a criminal's age, sex, motives and when they will strike again is so interesting. I love seeing them become the character and seeing the pieces fit together. Once again, such an amazing show with interesting characters!
3) Grey's Anatomy
Starring: Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsy, Justin Chambers, Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson
Air Dates: 2005-Present
Seasons: 11 (and counting)
Summary: Grey's Anatomy follows the lives of surgical interns and their supervisors at Seattle Grace Hospital.
Why I love it: When I was younger, everyone I knew was raving about Grey's Anatomy and how much they loved it. So, a couple of years ago, I jumped on board and watched the whole series. Now I will admit, it is kind of a soap opera but honestly, it is so good! The characters are so fun and you really grow to love them. I'm a total sap but I cried at like 80% of the episodes. They do a great job in getting you to feel for the characters, both doctors and patients alike. Plus, the relationship that Meredith and Christina have is something that can be admired and desired by anyone. It really is a great series.
2) Pretty Little Liars
Starring: Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Troian Bellisario, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse
Air Dates: 2010-Present
Seasons: 5 (and counting)
Summary: After their friend goes missing, four friends begin receiving mysterious and threatening messages. This anonymous character threatens to reveal all of their secrets and unravel their lives.
Why I love it: I have been watching Pretty Little Liars since it premiered in 2010. Honestly, this is a show that will hook you from the beginning. The four stars of the show play such great characters. I will admit, as the show continues, that some of the plot twists are very unrealistic and will make you want to pull your hair out. However, no matter what, you will want to continue watching the show in order to find out who A is. Trust me, you'll be hooked!
1) Supernatural
Starring: Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins
Air Dates: 2005-Present
Seasons: 10 (and counting)
Summary: After their father disappears, two brothers set out to find him while fighting the evil and supernatural beings that inhabit Earth.
Why I love it: Now from my short summary, this show may sound like a cheesy, sci-fi, cheesey alien show. Let me tell you, that is not that case at all. I have been watching this show for years, own every season, and have seen almost every episode at least twice. The writers of this show are so creative and pull a lot of the monsters from old mythology. Supernatural is a great mix of mystery, thrill and horror, as well as a family storyline and a bunch of really great characters. This show probably isn't for everyone, but it will always be at the top of my list!

I know that this was a really long post but I can't say enough about these five shows! I think that My Top 5 will be something that I post regularly! If you like the idea, I invite you to join in as well! If you do, please leave the link below, I would love to read them!
If you have seen any of these shows, I would love to hear your opinions! And if you have any recommendations, I am always open to new shows! Thanks for reading and I'll see you Wednesday!


xx,

4 comments:

  1. I love Pretty Little Liars too! I think the characters/actors are great and they're a major reason why people love watching the show, despite the sometimes annoying storyline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel! Sometimes the storyline is totally absurd but you can't stop watching! Thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  2. Your Top 3 are pretty much the same as mine, love those shows - can't stop watching!

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with them, honestly! They're just so good! :)
      xx,
      Caitlin

      Delete