Pages

Quote

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ipsy April Glam Bag | Beautifully Bohemian

Hey guys! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Caitlin and I am possibly the worst blogger ever... Thank you to those who have stuck with me during this extremely busy time in my life. I am going to try and blog more frequently, but we will see how that goes.

Anyways, a couple of months ago, I signed up for Ipsy. For those of you who don't know what that is, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that sends five beauty samples to your door every month in a beautifully themed makeup bag for only $10 a month! Now, I am the furthest from being a makeup expert but I felt like rewarding myself for all of my hard work in finishing college and decided to purchase a year-long subscription. For $110 I am getting a pretty pink package in the mail every month! If you are interested in signing up for Ipsy, please use my referral link! For any questions you may have, you can try and ask me below, or check out Ipsy's FAQ link!
My first bag came in April and the theme was Beautifully Bohemian. First off, Ipsy comes in a bright pink, bubble wrapped package. The outside along is enough to brighten your day when you see it in the mailbox. When I opened the pink packaging, I saw the beautiful bag for this month. It consists of beautiful colors woven into a burlap-type fabric. The inside is lined with a thin, tan fabric.
Here comes the good part. When I opened my bag I saw the five samples I was given for the month.
First, I received a travel-sized sample of Hey Honey Good Morning - Honey Silk Facial Serum. I have never used a facial serum before but I absolutely love it. I use a daily Dove moisturizer and, if Hey Honey wasn't so expensive, I would trade it in a heartbeat. It is very creamy, dries quickly and you only need a little bit of it. I doesn't make your skin feel oily or greasy, but very soft and smooth.
Full Size: $41
The next thing that came in my bag was a full-sized blush from Hikari in the shade Tango. Although this blush looks extremely bright, it looks really when it is applied lightly. I have never really worn blush before but I like how this shade looks on me and it is one I will continue to use.
Full Size: $15
I was lucky to have also received a second full-size item also. I got a theBalm Cosmetics NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single. It is small because the original is from a pallet. I received the Fit shade, a nice copper-y shade. I like it a lot and have looked into buying the full pallet.
Full Size: $36
Next in my bag was a Starlooks travel-sized lip gloss in the shade Cuddle. I like lip glosses, but I was not a huge fan of this color. I found that it doesn't leave much of a tint, only a little bit of sparkle. This item was definitely a miss for me.
Full Size: $13
The last item included in my bag was a travel-size, roll-on Jor'el Parker Femina perfume. I am one of those people who owns a million perfumes so I was less than thrilled to find one in my bag. However, when I tried it, I loved it! Their website describes the ingredients as: Meyer Lemon, White Grapefruit, Satsuma Mandarin, Summer Forsythia, Pink Plumeria, Wild Verbena, Tahitian Vanilla and Sensual Musk. The way I would describe it is a subtle, but almost floral. Either way, I really like the scent.
Full Size: $55

Overall, I was very happy with my first Ipsy bag. I got two full-sized items and mostly items that I would use.

April:
Item Satisfaction Rating: 4/5
Bag Rating: 5/5
Overall Full-Size Value: $160

Once again, if you are considering signing up, please use my Ipsy referral link! My next review will be going up shortly as I am expecting my May bag any day now!

Are you an Ipsy member? How has your experience been?


xx,

No comments:

Post a Comment